Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.

My Review:
This final book follows Katniss as she is groomed to be the Mockingjay the rebellion needs.  It is full of plot twists, adventure, action and emotion.  
As I've said before, I'm usually clearly on one side of a love triangle.. this series has shattered that for me as well.  I honestly couldn't decide, until it started looking like it would not be one of the guys, then I realized how much I wanted it to be him!  I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book.  I smiled, I even cried often while reading this book, both tears of sadness and happiness.  There were so many different emotions running through me, especially during the last chapters.
Suzanne Collins paints such a vivid image that I realized I had started thinking of Katniss and the rest of them as people, not characters in a story.  The level of emotion invoked in me was a surprise I haven't had while reading in a very long time.  I believe the story ended very well.. she did a wonderful job wrapping things up, although, I would've liked to know about the future of some of the others.  I can't wait to read some more of her works, whatever they be about.  
I give this book 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment