Friday, December 23, 2011

Torn Review

by
Torn the second installment of the Trylle Trilogy...

Wendy thought she finally understood who she was and what she wanted, but everything changes when the rival Vittra come after her.

She's caught between two worlds, torn between love and duty, and she must decide what life she is meant to lead.
My Review (Some Spoilers)
I couldn't wait to read this after reading the first one..  I was slightly afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype I'd built up in my head.  I was, thankfully, wrong for worrying!  This book kept me completely engaged and wanting to read it quickly.  I was almost shocked when I realized it was over..  I was so engrossed in it, I wanted nothing more than to immediately start reading the next one, but I'm restraining myself until after the holiday, still way too much to do and I won't get any of it done if I start reading it now!  
I am a bit surprised by some of the plot twists that have come up, but they definitely make it very interesting, and have me racking my brain to figure out how it will all work out with everyone happy and with the right persons.  I am a bit saddened that Wendy won't get much more time to bond with and actually get to know her mother, not to mentioned being thrown into being the queen so soon, but I believe she has shown a lot of growing in this book, she will do well.  I am still in love with her and Finn as a couple and hope it works out.  I have a few ideas in mind as to how it may play out, but I'll just have to wait and see if I'm on the same page as Amanda Hocking.  I do also really like Tove and want to see him happy, but not necessarily with Wendy and I couldn't imagine having Aurora as a mother in law!.  The fact that Loki seems to truly have feelings for Wendy, and that she could possibly get caught up in that, is a bit odd for me, but it definitely adds to the suspense.   
I do love this trilogy so far and I love everything I've read by Amanda Hocking.  I'm giving this one 4.5 stars, and seriously recommend it to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment