Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's been a great day!

Yes, I'm one of the many who end up putting off my Christmas shopping till the last minute!  I hate doing it and every year I swear to myself that "next year" I'll start way earlier, I never do!  This year is no different.. I technically started it today.  It was hectic, of course, but like many others these days, I've had a hard time coming up with the funds to do it.  I have them now, and my oldest friend in the world called me up wanting to go shopping together.  We've known each other for about 31 years, people still think we're sisters and we haven't actually hung out or even talked much in years, although hopefully today has changed that!  We had a great time, eating, shopping (retail therapy) and just talking about everything, the way we used to!  She's a great friend and I'm so happy we could spend the day together!  I bought quite a few things for my oldest child, and a couple of things for myself =)  I still have a long way to go before I'm finished, but can't wait and I feel so much better now that I've started!  I believe we're getting our 4 yr old some sort of handheld game or tablet of some kind, there are plenty of them for his age out there and he wants one pretty badly, so Santa has to deliver, right?  For my oldest, it's fairly easy, he has many games he's been wanting, although I'm still struggling with the cell phone he wants, and my husband has vetoed the hermit crab!  He wants one of those pretty badly and he's been taking care of their pet crab in science class, his teacher says he's really good with it, so we'll see, I haven't totally taken it off the list yet!  All in all, it was a very productive day of shopping, even though there's still a lot more to get. 


I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, may all your dreams come true!  This truly is a blessed time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment