Thursday, December 29, 2011

Endless Summer Review

by
4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Riley family is on vacation. Their getaway destination is a New England beach known for it paranormal activity. From the moment they arrive, strange things take place. The longer they stay, the stranger the events become, until they meet full bodied apparitions. Very quickly, they realize one of the apparitions is in distress and they decide to help him. The more they communicate with the spirit, the more their own health deteriorates. They struggle to find a balance between saving the apparition and saving themselves.

My Review (Spoilers)
This book reminded me of the movie, Groundhog Day..  That being said, I loved this book!  This book was able to hold my interest thoroughly and not once was I bored, although 1) I knew immediately the Riley family had died, 2) they didn't know it, 3) each day started out pretty much the same way, and this went on through most of the book.  The images painted by the author's descriptions were so beautiful, I could actually picture the whole scene and keep it throughout the book.  I read this book in less than 12 hrs, which isn't saying much, except that I had to stop a few times, to charge my tablet, cook supper and eat, and to deal with the 3 kids that continuously need my attention.  I stayed up rather late finishing it, because I just couldn't stop reading it.  Although I knew that the family was dead, it drew me in waiting to see what would happen next, when and how they would figure it out, and to "see" when they finally moved on.  I say see, because even now I can see everything in my mind in great detail, and it's beautiful.  The author did a great job wrapping it up for the ending also, I loved how he kept the story going after they had all moved on and let the readers know how the events of this family had impacted lives way on down the line.  I usually read YA paranormal romance type novels, this one was not exactly in that category, but a great read and I look forward to reading more from this author!  
I give this book a solid 4.5 stars.  The happiness of the story is still lingering in me the next day after reading it...  A feel good story that I recommend to all, and I believe I learned quite a bit about myself and the parent I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment