Saturday, November 26, 2011

Receiving the torch

For the past two years, Thanksgiving has been at my house.  My mom says she's "passing the torch" on to me.. She still gets to cook major parts of the meal, so I try not to feel like I'm just taking it away from her.  She loves to cook, another trait I inherited from her! 
So, this year we had nine adults and five kids in my house!  We had both sides of the family, mine and my husband's, all together!  It actually went well, but my house is absolutely tiny and not at all made for that many people!  We had a great meal and some good fellowship, I couldn't believe it, but there were none of the usual "family fights" this year!  But our fridge died!  I mean, really?  It couldn't have picked a worse day!  I was busting my butt working on all that food, no way was I not keeping left overs.. We found someone close by on craigslist that had one for sale and put food on ice.  Picked it up the next day!  Now we have a fridge again and it's better than the one we had!
My house is still a mess, it's funny how it took two days to get it in order for everyone and only a few hours to destroy it completely!  But, I didn't get to go shopping on black Friday, something I really love to do, so I'm going with my mom in a few hours to shop and just escape!  The mess will be there later.  I have had a house full of kids since Thursday, so, I'm leaving them to their dad and having some mommy time!  Hopefully I can still find some good deals!  My four year old is currently driving me nuts, refuses to leave me alone even long enough to write this, so for now I guess this is all I have to say.  Nothing really exciting, but for once, there was no drama at our family function! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment